It is important the personal data we hold about you in current and up to date. Should any of details change and you would like us to update your records you can do this at any time by emailing us through the contact form at this link.
The data we collect
When browsing our website we collect the following information
- IP Address
- Information about the items in your cart
In addition to this, when setting up an account we collect the following information:
- Phone Number
- Email Address
When placing an order we also collect the following
- Relevant order and payment information
How we collect your data
- IP Address
- Information about the items in your cart
- Relevant order and payment information
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the Cookies section.
In addition to the above data we also collect your name, address, phone number and email address when you supply these in a form, at account sign up or placing an order.
What we do with the information we gather
We will only use your personal data when we are lawfully permitted to do so and only when it is necessary. These data will be used in the following circumstances:
- For the performance of a contract, in fulfilling an order you have placed or processing a return or exchange
- If we have your consent, you have given us permission to use your data to send you marketing emails. This can be given via a tick box when you either sign up for marketing emails or our newsletter and if you sign up for an account
- Legitimate interest, this means in the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to give you the best service possible. We ensure we consider any impact on you or your rights before processing that data for our legitimate interests
- We are required to do so to comply with a legal obligation
Below you will find detailed the scenarios in which the data you supply is used and how it is used in the context of the circumstances above.
|Scenario||Data USed||Basis for data processing|
||1 & 2 Necessary for our legitimate interests - We use this data to offer a smoother website experience and faster checkout time|
|Placing & Fulfilling an order||
||1-5 These data are required for the purpose of a contract – Specifically, we require your name & address to send the parcel to you, your email address and phone number to keep you up to date with the progress of your order and your order and payment information to receive confirmation payment has been made|
|Communications (Email enquiries, and contacting us)||
||1 & 2 Necessary for our legitimate interests – We use these details to get in touch with you to answer any queries or concerns you may have|
|Returns & Exchanges||
||1-4 These data are required for the purpose of a contract – These data will be used to identify you and refund/exchange your order as instructed.|
|Email Sign-Up/Marketing emails||
||1-3 These data are used where you have provided us consent to contact you in this fashion|
||1-5 We are required to use these data to comply with legal obligations|
|To respond to requests for information regarding suspected or actual criminal activity including fraud||
||1-6 Processing of these data is both necessary for our legitimate interests – to help prevent crime and fraud and would be necessary to comply with legal obligations|
Persons under the age of 18
Persons under the age of 18 are required to obtain permission from an adult before signing up to an account and/or placing an order. Any data collected prior to this is collected on the lawful basis of legitimate interest to ensure site security and functionality.
Where you have given consent for us to send you marketing we have provided the following mechanisms to allow you to unsubscribe at any time
- Unsubscribe link displayed on every email newsletter and marketing communication
- You can email us through our contact us page which you can find here for account preference changes
Disclosures of personal data
For the purposes set out above (in the section labelled ‘What we do with the information we gather’) we may have to share your personal data with the following parties:
- Service providers acting as processors based in the EU who provide delivery services
- Fulfilment partners such as suppliers
- Marketing platforms who allow us to send you promotional emails etc
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators, police and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances (such as criminal activity, including but not limited to, fraud)
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions
If you do not consent to the cookies used on the Website, you must disable them or refrain from using the Website. However, this may result in a restricted experience.
A cookie is a small file of text and numbers which is created by the Website. When you visit the Website the cookie is attached to your computer or other device, but does not access your hard drive on your computer. If you revisit our Website, the cookie will be recognised by the Website. Cookies are widely used to do things such as identifying the type of device you are using (PC or a phone for instance) to access websites, store items in the shop basket and help you navigate pages more easily. They can also help you translate web pages, log into the Website or remember your region or country preferences. Cookies can also be used to help us find out how people use the Website and the number of visitors to it.
Cookies are not harmful to your computer and do not pose a security or virus risk to your computer, nor do they store any personal identifiable information about you. If you would like to know about what cookies are, or how to control or delete them, then you may choose to visit www.aboutcookies.org for more detailed guidance.
We use the following cookies
|act||End of session|
|presence||End of session|
|SEGM||End of session|
|_ga||2 years 3 months|
|cookie_nav_is_vt_enabled||End of session|
|fn_dt||End of session|
|id_token||End of session|
|login_email||2 years 3 months|
|navcmd||End of session|
|rump||10 years 3 months|
|s_sess||End of session|
|ui_experience||2 years 3 months|
|x-pp-s||End of session|
|akavpau_ppsd||End of session|
|nsid||End of session|
|tcs||End of session|
|rockcollection.co.uk /local storage|
|mage-cache-sessid||End of session|
|mage-cache-storage||End of session|
|mage-cache-storage-section-invalidation||End of session|
|mage-messages||End of session|
|mage-translation-file-version||End of session|
|mage-translation-storage||End of session|
|product_data_storage||End of session|
|recently_compared_product||End of session|
|recently_compared_product_previous||End of session|
|recently_viewed_product||End of session|
|recently_viewed_product_previous||End of session|
|section_data_ids||End of session|
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire as outlined under the expiration column in the table above.
How can you manage cookies
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually disable cookies by adjusting your browser settings. Please note that if you do turn cookies off, this may limit the service that we can provide to you and may affect your experience of the Website.
If you have any queries concerning your personal information or any questions on our use of cookie data, please contact us here
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised fashion, altered or disclosed. In addition, we have limited access to your personal data to those members of staff and third parties required to fulfil our contractual obligations to you.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data breadch and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We will retain our customer data for a period of 7 (seven) years after a contract has ended or when your account is closed on our website, whichever is longer. In the case of mailing lists and marketing aata, your personal data will be held for the length of the subscription.
We hold these data to protect or defend our legal rights and for tax purposes
After this period has elapsed, any data we hold that is personally identifiable to you will be redacted/anonymised (so it can no longer be associated with you) and stored for research and statistical purposes in which case we may use this indefinitely without further notice to you.
Under certain circumstances you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These rights are detailed below:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide us
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the accuracy of the data; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it
- Request the transfer of your personal data (as a data subject) to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information in the process of carrying out a contract with you
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent
If you would like to exercise any of these rights please get in touch with us via our Contact Us page. Requests can also be made orally however in these cases we will require you to prove your identity by other means.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights), however we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or if you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Contact details and complaints
Our full company and contact details are as follows:
|Full Business Name:||Rock Pop Collection Ltd|
|Data Controller Name:||Murray Walker|
|Email Address:||[email protected] .uk|
|Address:||Rock Collection, 4 Upper Goat Lane, Norwich, Norfolk, NR2 1EW, United Kingdom|
|Telephone Number:||+44 1603 625055|
You have the right to make a complaint at time to the supervisory body responsible for data protection concerns, the ICO by visiting their website at ico.org.uk. However, we would appreciate the opportunity to address any concerns you have before you approach them so please get in touch with us beforehand.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Should you place orders via an online marketplace away from www.rockcollection.co.uk we are passed your identity data such as name, address, phone number and email address in addition to order information under the lawful basis of fulfilling our contractual obligations.